Self Drive Horsebox Hire Now Available:
We now have Equi-Trek horseboxes for hire on our hire fleet, the 3.5 tonne Sonic, available for short and long term rental. The Equi-Trek Sonic is easy to drive and due to it’s maximum weight of 3500kg can be driven on a standard car licence, it is has no living area but there is a tack/changing room separate from the horses which incorporates 2 saddle racks, 2 bridle racks and 2 coat hooks and there is additional storage space above the cab.
|1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||Weekend||Week|
* All prices include VAT and insurance
Equi-Trek 3.5t Sonic Horsebox
- Gross Weight 3500kg
- Unladen Weight 2420kg
- Internal Height 2.3m
- Internal Width 2.04
- Body Length 6.15m
Additional drivers can be authorised at a cost of £12.00 per day but must have a valid driving licence and the same terms and conditions apply as for the main driver
A 50% deposit by debit or credit card will be taken from the hirer upon booking, the remainder must be paid using the same card on collection of your hire vehicle. Deposits are non refundable. The vehicle will have a full tank of fuel and a £100 cash deposit will be required on collection. If the vehicle is returned full the £100 deposit will be returned to you
We are unable to let out on hire or to be driven by:
1. Hirers under the age of 25 or over the age of 75 years of age
2. Hirers who do not have a full valid UK or EU driving licence or one that has been held for less than 2yrs
3.Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. (“Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded)
4. Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of a claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer
5. Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
6. Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort.
7. Persons who, whilst driving have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 yrs.
*Here is what you will need:
Utility Bill (dated within last 60 days, same name as licence)
Credit/Debit card (Same name as licence)
As the driving licence counterpart is now obsolete you will also need to provide us with a DVLA Check Code as we have to prove to the insurance you do not have 6 or more points on your licence otherwise you will not be insured.
By using the link below you can access the DVLA website.
You will need to have to hand,
- Your driving licence
- National Insurance Number
- Post Code.
DVLA Check Code Website - httpss://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
Please be aware, the DVLA check code is only valid for 48 hours!
You must bring all the above with you including a print off of the check code. A smart phone screen shot is acceptable.
It is your responsibility to ensure that,
- You meet all the above requirements
- You have the correct driving entitlements.
Failure to produce will result in a refusal of hire! Your 50% Deposit is NONE refundable!
Prices advertised include insurance and VAT, however there is a £750 excess payable for damage.